The Academic session of new batch (4th batch) at QIMS will commence in January 2015.
- 1.Selection Criteria
- a.Qualification. Minimum qualification for a candidate for admission to MBBS course is FSc (Pre Medical)
- b.Marks. The applicant must obtain at least 60% unadjusted marks in FSc (Pre Medical) / equivalent examination as per PMDC rules.
- c.Foreign Qualification. Applicants having passed examination of foreign university / examining body must produce equivalence certificate from Chairman Inter-Board Committee (IBC) Islamabad or Balochistan Board.
- 2.Allocation of Seats. 100 seats are available for admission in QIMS. Allocation of seats in various categories is as under:
- a.Open Merit Category (60 Seats).Candidates applying for open merit seats will not be considered for subsidized seats.
(1) Residents of Balochistan ─ 48 Seats (80%)
(2) Residents of Rest of the Country ─ 12 Seats (20%)
- b.Subsidized Category (20 Seats). (Subject to availability by Government of Balochistan) Candidates applying for subsidized seats will not be considered for Open Merit Seats.
(1) Divisional Merit (3 Seats / Division ─ 18 Seats)
(2) Minority (1 Seat)
(3) Wards of Shuhada (1 Seat). If no applicant is available in this category, this seat will be given to the candidate with the highest overall merit in the divisional merit.
(a) To be eligible for subsidized seat, candidate must belong to low income family group with parents documented income less than Rs 50,000/- per month. Documentary proof of the fact would be required with validation from relevant department / authority. Provision of documentary proof is the responsibility of the candidate. Only duly verified documents will be accepted. Without verified documents no application will be accepted.
(b) For assessing financial status of the student following documents will be required.
- i.Income Certificate issued by DC Office.
- ii.Income Tax Return.
- iii.Pay Slip (Latest)
- iv.Landed Property Documents.
(c) Students selected in Public Sector Medical Colleges / BMC are not eligible for selection against subsidized seats in QIMS.
(d) Commencement and subsequent continuation of course/ session by the selected student against subsidized seat would be subject to provision of subsidy by Government of Balochistan and deposit of 20% of fee annually by the students.
- c.Wards of Defence Personnel / Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) – (10 Seats)
(1) Wards of Army Personnel (Serving /Retired) – (5 Seats). 3 seats are reserved for wards of serving Army personal while 2 are for wards of retired Army personnels as recommended by W&R Directorate.
(2) Wards of Law Enforcement Agencies (5 Seats). As recommended by their department/ authorities.
(3) Students selected in this category will pay regular/ normal fee.
(4) Wards of Shuhada will be given preference and may be considered for sponsorship / subsidy by Government /FC/Donor Agency as the case may be.
- d.Foreign Students (10 Seats). Reserved for Overseas Pakistanis/ Foreign Nationals. Only those overseas students will be allowed admission in QIMS who’s parents/ legal guardians (not relatives) reside in a foreign country for job/business purpose and should produce their passport and work permit.
- 3.Admission Process. Induction of new batch will commence in October every year. Admission will be conducted as per following process:
- Entrance Test by NTS. Single entrance test conducted under the provincial authorities for both public sector and private sector medical colleges.
Entry Test Format. This test will be objective type having total of 100 marks. Subjects included are:
- Final merit for selection will be calculated as follow:
- Final merit lists will be declared according to the notified date in major national daily newspaper, internet and will also be displayed on QIMS notice board as well as on QIMS website.
- The candidates desirous to take admission in QIMS will be required to get admission form and prospectus form designated branches of MCB. Only those candidates who fulfill criteria for admission in MBBS as laid down by PM&DC will be allowed for deposit of admission form.
- Candidates applying for admission will have to submit completed application form by due date (within 7 days of declaration of NTS result) along with attested photocopies of:
- a.Matric / O level certificate with marks sheet (2 Copies).
- b.F. Sc certificate with marks sheet (2 Copies).
- c.Local / Domicile Certificate (2 Copies).
- d.Equivalency Certificate (2 Copies – if applicable).
- e.CNIC / Form “B” (2 Copies).
- f.Passport size & ID card size photographs (3 each).
- g.Result of NTS.
- h.Admission process fee in shape of Bank Draft / Pay Order payable to QIMS.
- i.Income certificate, income tax return, pension book, other documents as proof of income (for subsidized category only) duly signed by Deputy Commissioner of concerned district (DCO).
- 10.Policy on AdmissionAll policies of PMDC will be followed some important policies are as under:
- a.Initially all admissions will be provisional.
- b.Any candidate whose particulars, documents, authentication is found doubtful, fabricated or false will have his / her admission cancelled and will not be entitled to claim any category of refund whatsoever.
- c.If a candidate once selected for admission in QIMS wishes to leave the institution before the start of 1st year MBBS classes then there shall be 100% refund of all deposited fees except for the one time admission fee.
- d.If the candidate leaves the institute within 2 months from the date of commencement of 1st year MBBS classes then there shall be 50% refund of the deposited fee except one time admission fee. No fee will be refundable thereafter.
- e.If a seat in any category falls vacant it will be filled by next candidate on the merit list of same category. In case no candidate is available in same category all vacant seats will be filled by candidates on merit of the open/ other category.
- f.In case the adjusted marks of two candidates are equal the candidate securing higher marks in entry test shall be ranked higher on merit. If entry test marks are also equal the candidates securing higher marks in FSc will be ranked higher on merit. If all criteria are equal individual with higher age will be selected.
- g.Foreign applicant(s) seeking admission in 1st year MBBS, who are foreign residents abroad and are unable to appear in entry test in Pakistan are required to take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-I & SAT-II) or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) as applicable.
- h.If at any stage it is proved that any candidate has been admitted on the basis of false /incorrect document or information, his / her admission will be cancelled and all fees paid will be forfeited. (Last date of objection is within 15 days in any category).
- 11.Finalization of Merit List
- a.Merit list will be finalized for each category by I/C Admission Cell, verified by Director Medical Education/ Manager Students Affairs and approved by Commandant QIMS.
- b.The final merit list (category wise) will be displayed on QIMS website and QIMS Notice Board.
- c.Candidates will be allowed 7 days for any correction of their result (along with documentary proof) or challenge result of any other candidate (along with documentary proof).
- d.After expiry of this period no amendment in the merit list will be made.
- 12.Admission Fee & Tuition Fee. Students are required to make all payments through Bank Draft or Pay Order only, payable to QIMS. Admission fee will be charged (only once) at the time of admission.
- 13.Final Selection Letter. Final selection letter will be issued on submission of admission form along with all documents (in original) and payment of all.
DOWNLOAD ADMISSION FORM
Undertaking For successful Applicants
Lists of students admitted in the QIMS will be submitted by the QIMS authorities to PMDC for their provisional registration immediately after finalization of admission.