Criteria for Merit Formulation
Criteria for Merit Formulation - as per PMC & NUMS Regulations 2021 (Admission Session-2022-23)
Eligibility Criteria, Merit Calculation and Transfer policies have been formulated in the light of Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum and Conduct) Regulations (amended) 2021 for Admission in NUMS Public/Private Medical/Dental Colleges
- Eligibility Criteria
- Passing National MDCAT with 65% marks shall be mandatory for admission in NUMS colleges as per PMC regulations 2021.
- Obtained a HSSC/FSc Pre-Medical or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan having obtained more than sixty-five percent (65%) marks
therein, or a higher percentage as may be notified by the Medical and Dental Council.
- Appearing in NUMS Entry Test is mandatory for admission in NUMS Constituent and affiliated/attached Medical/Dental colleges
- Qualifying psychological test is mandatory, however merit will be based on subject based MCQs.
- Weightage Formula, Merit List Policy
Affiliated / Administered Colleges
National MDCAT 25%
NUMS Entry Test 25%
F.Sc. Pre-Medical/HSSC/Eq. 50%
(Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Maths)
- Merit calculation will be carried out as per weightage formula mentioned above
- Merit list will be generated and scrutiny of the educational documents, verification of NMDCAT marks conducted by PMC and integration of marks of Hifz e Quran Test will be carried out of finally admitted candidates of each college.